Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fat Tuesday

Fat Tuesday was fun...... I ate the traditional pancake breakfast at the hospital (yay for free food!)
Image from google images (NOT MINE)

After such a yummy start to the day I wanted to go home and take a big nap but instead I worked my tail off and forgot all about the fact that it was supposed to be a party day......... so to make up for my workaholic tendencies and celebrate a little, when I got home I made my very first Mardi Gras Kings Cake!

I actually made this!!!!!  (oh and the beads were courtesy of the pancake breakfast that morning)
YUM O!    and I got to make my own colored sugar which was oh so fun (minus the fact that I had to scrub for hours to get the green food coloring off of my fingers) 

Hope everyone had a great Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras celebration!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed! I have promised myself that I am making a King Cake next year, and I am going to hold myself to it. Your cake looks great!

    ReplyDelete