|Duncan and I could hear the little birdie chirping away in this tree long before we spotted it....|
not a vast array of birds around right now but a few finches and robins showed their heads :)
Now here are 5 things I learned from trying to photograph birds
1) I need more patience! I had no ability to hold still and let the birds come to me I kept wanting to follow them around and they would just fly off!
2) Birds will never come close so I had better have a good zoom lens! AKA : I need a better camera..... the lens, zoom, and shutter speed on my little point and shoot digital camera although great just won't cut it when trying to capture certain pictures hence blur/ lack of focus ect.....
3) I need to be quick and decisive when trying to capture a moment on film because it is just that ..... A MOMENT then its gone gone gone and I can't recreate it once I have my camera adjusted right!
4) Bird watching/ photographing is a one man job: Duncan is not the best partner for bird watching. I know this is an obvious one :) I took him with me and he was more interested in chasing them then sitting quietly and watching them :)
5) Location Location Location! I just walked around right outside my home, I am sure much neater photos are to be had once I go to other places!