Friday, August 27, 2010

Why I do what I do.... oh you know you wanna do it too!

I was recently catching up on my blogs and noticed that someone out there likes my blog :0)   T over at Desperately Seeking Seersucker wanted me to answer a few questions and pass on the love to eight more bloggers..... I couldn't resist!  It seems like fun to me :0)



Her questions (and my answers)

1.  Why did you start blogging? 
I have wanted to find a way to write and be creative for awhile but actually it happened randomly when I stumbled across a few blogs and decided that it looked like lots of fun! There was no real reason for it.... just decided to get my brain off of work and on to something more fun when my hubby was away and I was home.

2.  If you could know when you would be leaving this earth, would you want to know?  Why?   
Ummmmmm.... nope!  If I knew when I was going to leave this earth, I would be a prisoner of the clock, counting down the Days/Hours/Minutes/Seconds until I would not be around anymore, I would feel like time was too short! I would rather live my life with endless possibilities, as far as I am concerned tomorrow some brilliant doctor(maybe the future mr.seersucker ;) is going to find a immunization that will keep our cells from breaking down or malfunctioning and we will all live forever! :)     okay so I don't really believe that I will live forever BUT the point is that it is one of among a million possibilities I wouldn't have if I knew exactly when I was going to leave this wonderful world behind.

3.  Is it okay to wear WHITE after Labor Day? I say sure..... I love a beautiful white/cream winter sweater!  I am not a girl who sticks to tradition/social convention. If it looks good and or is comfortable then I will wear it :0)

4.  Spray tan, tanning bed or natural sun only?  Which do you do?  Natural Sun Only.... I am slightly fair skinned and freckle bad enough as it is.....so for me tanning beds would be bad news and as for me I say skin cancer NO THANK YOU! alothough I am jealous of women who tan.....   I would say Spray tan but I had a bad experiance the time I tried it :(  lets just say fresh spray tan and REAL sunburn do not mesh well.....  hehehehehe!

5.  Which is YOUR favorite wardrobe (Fall, Winter, Spring or Summer)? I think Fall and Winter are neck and neck for me :0)   I love cozy sweaters and layers!  I like the rich colors of  my fall and winter wardrobe and Crocheted/knitted scarfs and hats :) 

6.  Is it problematic when/if a woman makes a larger salary than her husband/significant other?  I would love to say no BUT in reality I think it depends upon the couple in question.... some men have a problem with it ..... their ego gets in the way and their pride is hurt if they aren't the primary breadwinner. However some men would love nothing better than for their woman to bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan so they can be a stay at home husband :0)


7.  Who do you think is the most "annoying" big blogger?  (stole this from Sass.  sorry.  i wanna know.) 


I am somewhat new to the blogosphere so my I might have a loose interpretation of "big blogger" but Scottie News's format and rigidity sometimes gets a little irritating. I wish there was a little more personality and fun in that blog :0)

8.  Do you love Louis?   

   Does Romeo love Juliet!   YES!  he is adorable.... who wouldn't love a handsome westie boy like Louis!  He and Duncan seem so alike!    Although I do have a question.... how do you pronounce his name.... Louis as in Louis the XIV   or LOUIS  like Lewis and Clark?  (I hope that question isn't insulting.... I am curious :)

Now that I have answered these questions it is time for some questions of my own....

1. How long have you been blogging/How often do you blog? 
2. Are You a rule follower or a rule breaker?
3. What are your favorite things in life/What makes you happy?
4. What are your least favorite things in life/what makes you mad?
5. If you could pick one place in the world to go on vacation, where would you go and who/what would you take with you?
6. What is your favorite quote?
7. What is the favorite book?
8. Where did you come up with the title for your blog?


Here is who I picked to answer the questions (disclaimer: I picked blogs I like to read, you are under no pressure here ):

1. Ann's Snap Endits scrap: She is a wonderful photographer and I am super jealous!  I love reading her blog and looking at her photos.... plus she has a westie named Duke... LOVE IT!
http://annssnapeditscrap.blogspot.com/ 



2. Desperately Seeking Seersucker:  This chic has a FUN blog with a capital F!  I read her blog and instantly want to move to the lower east coast :) she seems to always have a fun or exciting story or neat new bit of information and she is the puppy mommy of a westie that could be Duncan's Doppleganger :0)
http://desperatelyseekingseersucker.blogspot.com/


3. Life with Farley:  This blog is ooohhh soo sweet and Farley just melts my heart!  Every blog makes me smile! 
http://lifewithfarley.blogspot.com/  


4. Westie Julep:  This blog is Westie TASTIC!!!!!!    Julep and Derby know how to live the good life!!!!
 http://westiejulep.blogspot.com/



5.Aestetic Outburst:  Such a creative blog.... Love it!  
http://aestheticoutburst.blogspot.com/ 


6. A Note on the Screen Door:  I just discovered this blog and it is fabulous, trendy and fun and Oh so classic southern beauty! 
 http://screendoornote.blogspot.com/


7. Downunder Daisy:   I grew up with a scottie  and this blog makes me want to get Duncan a Scottie pal someday so they can have fun adventures like Bella and Dasiy!
http://scotsmad.blogspot.com/


8. Scraps of Me:  Another blog that combines creativity/ fun/ and westies!  this blog is great!
http://scrapsofyou.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Great answers! Thanks for playing along :)

    I agree about Scottie News. I'm a follower, and do love some of the stories...but I also wish it were a bit more personal!

    Louis' name is pronounced "Lewis". His daddy's middle name is Louis, so we used that spelling. Most people who see it written call him "Louie" though. Sweet little muffin that he is, he responds to anything ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New to reading your blog so it was great to read this post and it was nice to learn a little more about you and your opinions!

    I agree with your comment about Scottie News...

    Sarah @ Scampering Scotties

    ReplyDelete